Tired of reading driver recruitment promises that trucking companies don’t keep?
Ready to move up in your career? Want to join a company with a solid reputation of treating its drivers well? Interested truck drivers always get the straight story from the highly professional recruiters at Memphis City Cartage. We treat you with the respect you deserve and give you all the information you need to decide whether driving for Memphis City Cartage is the right move for you.
Hiring drivers in Memphis, Tennessee metro area.
Why Work for Memphis City Cartage?
Memphis City Cartage is an ISO Certified Total Transportation Company in operation since 2002. We never lose sight of who keeps the lights on! Our drivers are the lifeline of the company and we make sure we treat them as such. When you join our network of professional drivers, you join a team that truly cares.
Local and Regional Driver Requirements
- Transport goods per dispatcher’s instruction
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Maintain log books
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations,parking, break periods, ect.) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- 15 months of experience as a truck driver
- Ability to travel regularly
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Willing to submit to a background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations
- Valid CDL
- Haz Mat and N endorsement (Local Driver Only)